Our own Mabel the Donkey will be there to represent NEER North!
A full slate of topical animal issues presented by animal rights experts, combined with animal tricks and demonstrations, will highlight the Eighth Annual Animal Rights Day on Saturday, April 19, 2014, starting at 9:00 a.m. The event, hosted by the Massachusetts School of Law (MSL), is free and open to the public.
Legal issues related to animal rights and animal cruelty will be addressed by recognized legal experts in the field of animal rights law, including estate planning for pets and dog bite liability. Attendees will also be able to:
· Watch a police dog demonstration by the Essex County Sheriff's department
· Learn about bats from expert Nate Fuller
· See a working fire truck from the Andover Fire Department
· Watch a demonstration on dog training from Andover-based BlueDog
· Learn about the Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society
· Meet Angels Among Us Pet Rescue
· Meet noted Veterinarian Dr. Hedley Marx
Humane-itarian awards will be presented to individuals who made significant contributions to animal rights in the past year. Kids’ activities will also be available, including an Easter Egg Hunt with the Easter Bunny. A complimentary breakfast will kick off the event at 8:30 a.m.
Although not required, MSL organizers request an e-mail from anyone interested in attending. The e-mail should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Plan to Attend” in the subject line.
The event will take place at MSL, located at 500 Federal Street, Andover, MA. For more information call MSL at (978) 681-0800.