To Place Your Horse
NEER North offers free advertising space on this website (Adoptable Horses/Local Horses) to owners who want to make their horses available free-of-charge to a good home. Please note this is not a space to advertise horses for sale. Listings will be updated every six months.
Send photos, details about the horse (age, sex, breed, height, rideable, Coggins, health or behavioral issues), horse location and your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication with potential homes will be directed to you. NEER North assumes no responsibility for the placement of your horse.
Before placing your horse:
- Ask questions to make sure its a good match for your horse.
- Ask for and check references. Do a site check or photos of where the horse will be living.
- NEER North strongly advises using a contract. Anyone unwilling to sign a contract may not be the right person for your horse. Consider first right of refusal in your contract.
- Please remember there are people out there who value horses by the pound. If you cared enough about your horse to find him a good home, take the time to make sure it really is.
- Finally, go by instinct. If you have a gut feeling that it isn't right, don't do it. Have patience and wait for the right person for your horse.
- More tips on Rehoming Your Horse
Sending a horse to a rescue should be your LAST resort.
NEER North only considers horses in urgent need, whose owners have no other options for rehoming them and cannot keep them.
We do not accept horses that owners wish to surrender to us for other reasons, such as retirement, to replace with more advanced or younger horse, or to avoid euthanasia.